Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MReason  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 1:40:12 AM(UTC)
MReason

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

I am developing ETL mechanisms using Microsoft SSIS 2012. I am currently successfully using VB code to send emails using my local email gateway without authentication.

I now need to send emails via office365 - which requires TLS encryption.

SSIS/VB doesn't appear to natively support TLS (unless I've missed this soemhow...) - so I'm looking for a 3rd party solution to use as an add-in.

I have downloaded and 'installed' EASendmail - but I can't see how to add the addin into the development studio. The guidance says to use AddReference - but I can't see this option in Visual Studio 2012 (my default project style is Integration Services).

Can this be done? If so how?

Thanks

Edited by user Monday, February 29, 2016 1:41:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ivan  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 29, 2016 3:04:43 AM(UTC)
ivan

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Hi, to use EASendMail in SSIS, you need to install it to Global Assembly Cache at first:

Install EASendMail SMTP Component to Global Assembly Cache - SSIS

For SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or other .NET integrated script platform, it requires external DLL to be installed into .NET Global Assembly Cache. You can install EASendMail to Global Assembly Cache like this:

If you have Visual Studio installed on your computer: On the taskbar, click Start, click All Programs, click Visual Studio, click Visual Studio Tools, and then click Visual Studio Command Prompt. - For Windows Vista or later OS, Please right-click and click "Run As Administrator".

-or-

If you have the Windows SDK installed on your computer: On the taskbar, click Start, click All Programs, click the folder for the Windows SDK, and then click Command Prompt (or CMD Shell). - For Windows Vista or later OS, Please right-click and click "Run As Administrator".

At the command prompt, type the following: (Please change C:\Program Files (x86)\EASendMail to EASendMail installation path, and change EASendMail35.dll to the DLL that you refered in your project.)

gacutil /i "C:\Program Files (x86)\EASendMail\EASendMail35.dll"

Press enter, EASendMail35 will be installed to .NET framework 3.5 Global Assembly Cache.

To uninstall it from Global Assembly Cache, type the following:

gacutil /u "EASendMail35"

you should also install EASendMail20.dll, EASendMail40.dll and EASendMail45.dll

Then you can add references by menu->Projects->References-Imported Namespace.