Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AndrewDBrown  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 8:36:05 AM(UTC)
AndrewDBrown

Groups: Registered

I am using the ActiveX control to send/receive/parse emails using EASendMails + EAGetmail. Sending is fine, but I could really do with knowing the best way to handle returned emails. I have a "return address" setup and during my tests have been working with bounce-back and "out of office" emails.

The bounce backs seem to be pretty easy to detect (in my test environment), as the "IsReport" and "ReportType" methods give me what I need (I think). Assuming these are both triggered, I can scan through the original message, find an ID that I have embedded as a header - and we're good. But I could do with some advice to check that this is a good/reliable way to do it - or if there is a better way

Secondly, the out of office emails can be detected when "IsReport" is false. But I can't seem to see how I can parse the emails in order to link them back to a record on my database. I could use the email address, but, emails could be sent from several databases, so it wouldn't be ideal to do it this way. Also, I can't see anywhere that has my original header ID (which would be ideal). It would be great if someone could give me some advice about the best/most reliable way to do this..

Thank you in advance.

Andy
ivan  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 3:41:34 PM(UTC)
ivan

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Hi, you are correct at bounce report. For out of office message, there is not a standard for that. I thought you have to guess it by subject or body text.